Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Circumcision

My son was born in October of 2011 and he was premature so he stayed in the NICU a while.   While he was there they asked us if we wanted him to be circumcised.  It was going to cost around 4-600 bucks so it wouldn't be covered by medicare.  I rationalized that this might keep him in the NICU longer and after paying of the adoption, we weren't exactly in the money if you know what i mean.  So I said no.  Well that was a big mistake.  Here's why.  You have to wait 6 months to do the procedure now if it isn't done in the hospital.  So lets talk.  Your pediatrician can't do the procedure.  A Urologist has to do it.  Now we have received a bill for $209.36 for my wife to drag my toddler and the 8 month old to the Urologist to be seen for all of 5 minutes.  On top of that, they want us to go in for a "Pre Op" which is essentially paperwork.  Guess how much that is going to cost.  I"m thinking $209.36.   The procedure itself is going to cost $500 and i don't even know if we are going to get a bill from the Anathesiologist yet.  I'm guessing yes and I'm guessing its going to cost more than $209.36.  Are you hearing me here?   That's $900 so far.   If hind sight was 20/20. 

Learn from my mistakes.  Get R Dun at the hospital.

PS>>Procedure complete.  First bill to Insurance company in addition to the 900 bucks above is $4,000..The Saga continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment