Friday, June 18, 2010

Things I wish I would have asked the Birth Mom

When I look back on our adoption journey, I think about what would have been good to ask the Birth Mom. We didn't have that much time after we met her that we could ask questions. In our situation, we had trouble communicating with her so when we missed talking with her once, I submitted our questions in writing to the agency and the birth mom answered them. That was good. The one thing we shy'd away from was asking about the Birth Dad. We never met him. Didn't even know his name until the lawyer told us. I wish I knew more about him from the birth mom. We were scared at the time that if we asked about him, it would make her uncomfortable and that would kill our adoption. You know if you haven't secured the adoption, you run scared. But that is where I wish I had more information. I would want to know what he looked like. What did he like to do, sports, music, etc. What did he like to eat? Our son is small and strong tempered. He wants things his way. He's a fighter. Strong for his size. He likes salad, pasta, fig newtons. He loves music. What were you like Bio Dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment