Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Neat things about my son

My wife and I are Caucasion and our adopted son is 1/2 Caucasion and 1/2 Hispanic. When we run into people who don't know he's adopted its pretty cool. They say, he looks like his mom or he looks like his Dad. I've heard this many times. Most of my friends at church didn't know he was adopted until I mentioned that we are adopting again. Back to my son, other than the fact that he looks like my wife and I, we have noticed that he has some food tastes that are similar to us. My wife loves olives and pickles just like my son. I love sweet potatoes and so does he. I say this to point out that some of us are called to adoption. Everything happens for a reason. Its almost as if God fashioned my son with our DNA. I know that sounds crazy but if God can form the Universe, he can form a child. Your child is waiting out there for you too. Maybe he won't look like you like mine did but there is a child that is set apart for you. That's exciting isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment