Monday, January 25, 2010

My Second IMPACT class

Well the first week was non eventful. In the second week, my wife and I asked a lot of questions concerning adopting infants through the foster system. The 2 ladies that are foster moms indicated that this is next to impossible without adopting a sibling group (typically 3 kids). The DFACS case worker indicated that there was a 5 year waiting list to adopt an infant.

So here's what we found out by questioning some friends and reading some forums. Is it possible? Yes. You may end up with a foster baby in your home for a day, a month, or a year before that child goes back to the bio parents. In other words, DFACS can tell you it looks as if this baby will end up in being adoptable. This is just a guess. That's your risk.

There is a ton of paperwork due this week. How was your relationship with your parents. How was your relationship with your siblings. That sort of thing. My wife and I are plowing through that paperwork for Thursday. Hope this helps. If you have any questions on the process please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment