Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Preparing the kid for the next event

Being a first time parent. I am still learning how to do this. Regardless of what think I know, I continue to learn about being a better parent. One of the things that we have learned is to prepare Aiden for what's next. This might be obvious to the rest of you parents. But we tell him, 5 more minutes and we are going to get out of the bath and go get some milk. Or say goodbye to all of your friends and we are going to go home. Kids seem to need the transition and it works well for him. It has really cut down on a lot of frustration on his part and ours.

He is two this year and he is very strong willed. He likes to know where everyone is. Another thing that helps is to tell him the truth. So before I leave for work in the morning, I tell him where I am going. Now he tells people, Daddy's at work. He is visiting with Nana and Papa this week. He asked Nana the other day, "Where's Mommy?" Nana told him, Mommy's at your house but you're with Nana and Papa and we love you very much. Aiden said, "I love ya'll too". Just as plain as day. Gotta love that as a Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment